David Cherry and Associates Pty Ltd. provide an extensive range of training, both through in-house training and public workshops.
Our training is lively, interesting and engaging. The material presented is always practical, relevant and useful. The content is tailored for the individual organisation or facility, after consultation with the appropriate staff. Detailed notes are given to participants on all the material presented, which includes an extensive bibliography.
New training can be developed for your organisation to meet the needs of a particular staff group.
Listed below is some of the training we provide. Please contact us if you would like more information about any of the courses listed below or would like to us to develop a new course for your workplace.
* Managing Vicarious Trauma
* Dealing with Difficult People
* Managing Difficult Telephone Calls
* The Occasional Counsellor™ (A workshop for staff who are not employed in a counselling role but are called upon to give others emotional support.)
* Handle with Care™-Staff Safety and Defusing Situations where Individuals may be Aggressive.
* Case Notes and Record Keeping
* Preparing to go to Court
* Professional Writing
* Report Writing and Coping with Cross-Examination
* How to Setup and Run Groups
* Public Speaking and Presentation Skills
* Bouncing Back-Preparing for and Responding Resiliently to Difficult Incidents.
* Assisting Young People who may be Suicidal and/or Engage in Self-harm.
* Difficult Conversations-How to Talk to Anyone About Almost Anything (Adults)
* Difficult Conversations-How to Talk to Children and Young People About Almost Anything
* Difficult Performance Conversations
* Time Management, Worker Effectiveness and Worker Well-Being
* Essential Skills for Effective Workers
* Evasive Self Defence (Release and Breakaway Techniques)
* Bullying in the Workplace
* Professional Boundaries
* Managing Complaints
* Personality in the Workplace
* Writing Emails
* Interviewing Skills and Documentation when Addressing Quality of Care Concerns